India is popular for its crafts and craftsmanship. Art in all its glory and form is found across the length and breadth of my country. Kalamkari/Qalamkari is one of my favourite kinds of art work found in India. I really like how the intricate work on a simple cotton dupatta can lift the look of the whole attire. I love how my sister paired her mustard kurta with this gorgeous kalamkari dupatta and accessorized the outfit with flat jutti’s and big silver earrings. The whole outfit turned out to be so simple, effortless and lovely.
Being a make up artist by profession I often get the opportunity to prep & dress brides for their special day. The other day this got me thinking about how blessed I am. I’m in a profession where I get to contribute a little something in someone’s big day. The look that I see on the bride’s face as I finish her make up and she puts on her jewellery and gets into her wedding day outfit and finally looks at herself in the mirror, that moment is the most gratifying moment in my line of work. The sheer glow that comes from the happiness on her face says it all!
I recently did make up for my client Shradha Jain for her wedding day, she truly made the prettiest bride. So I thought that why don’t l do a blog entry de-coding the look that I did on her. So here is a full list of the products I used to achieve this lovely feline look for Shradha;
GROUNDWORK paint pot – M.A.C (Eye base)
COCOA BEAR eyeshadow- Makeup Geek + CARBON eyeshadow – M.A.C (In the crease)
I thought I will do a #fotd ( face of the day ) post today. Yesterday night was just one of those nights when one feels like doing the whole glam-shabang.
You know what I mean, when you wanna spend an hour or so just doing your hair and make up. Make up is my numero uno vice. I love it, applying make up on myself and on others brings me a lot of peace and creative satisfaction. So basically I’m one of those girls who either will not make the slightest effort to look even presentable, I mean either you will find me in my track suit+converse+high pony tail, the complete non fuss look or else you will find me all dolled up. So there is just no middle ground/path.
So whenever I do decide to wear a full face of make up I leave no stone unturned. I then enjoy each and every step of it. I have always preferred to highlight and focus on my eyes more than any other feature. I spend the maximum time doing my eye make up and everything else I wrap up quickly in 5 minutes. I guess that’s pretty much the case with everyone ( right? ).
So here are a few pictures of the products I used and the look I ending up wearing on my face.
I hope you guys like the look and the products I used to achieve it 🙂
I thought I’d do an #ootd post as my last blog entry for 2014. We delhiites have been experiencing the coldest winter in 11 years and no one is complaining because it has been so lovely and blissful. As the temperature dropped rapidly in the city of Delhi, I realised that I didn’t own a decent pair of black boots. So I began my search for the most perfect-simple-comfortable-flat-black boots. I wanted a pair which would go with everything, were super comfortable to walk in and kept my toes all toasty. P.S – my sister got all all benevolent and cute on me and offered to pay for my boots, so I had to get the best of the bests. I mean when they come for free, they have to be freaking fabulous. hehe 😀
I found the most sexy pair in Zara and they weren’t even too expensive. Zara pricing sometimes can turn out to be like a christmas present. Like secret santa secretly priced the thing you wanted the most within your budget. I love how my boots have two textures, plain in the front and all glossy/ patent from the back. The cherry on the cake is the gold chain detailing. I completely love them and I’m sure I am going to be getting a lot of wear out of them this winter. I kept the rest of the outfit pretty simple, I wore an all black ensemble with a pop of green and carried my brand new black and gold sling purse. ( I totally bought the purse coz I wanted something to go with my boots- guilty ;P
Now talking about the year that has been 2014- I cannot be more glad that it comes to an end today. This year hasn’t exactly been a cake walk for me. Let’s just say it didn’t pan out the way I thought it would. The person I was when this year began, is if not entirely then mostly different from the person that I have become as the year comes to an end. On that note, though it has been a somewhat difficult year, it has been the learning curve of my life. I feel like this year I was under construction, mentally and physically.
As i’m really into making lists these days, so I thought I will round up a quick list of all the things that 2014 taught me :-
1. FAMILY WILL LOVE YOU AND COMFORT YOU EVEN IF YOU MAKE BAD DECISIONS. ( NOT LIKE I DIDN’T KNOW THIS EARLIER, BUT THIS YEAR REITERATED THIS FACT FOR ME)
2. IT’S IMPERATIVE FOR A HEALTHY LIFE TO STAY BUSY.
3. DELETE THE DRAMA FROM YOUR LIFE. IT’S NOT COOL.
4. A REAL RELATIONSHIP IS SUPPOSED TO BRING POSITIVITY, LOVE, COMFORT AND HAPPINESS TO YOUR LIFE AND NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.
5. IF YOU HAVE TO DO SOMETHING, SAYING THAT YOU WANNA DO IT IS NOT GONNA MAKE IT HAPPEN. BUCK UP, MOVE YOUR ASS AND DO IT.
6. IT’S NOT A CRIME TO BE CONFUSED ABOUT SOMETHING- A LOVE INTEREST, YOUR CAREER, YOUR CHOICES ETC. IT’S OKAY, THESE THINGS TAKE TIME TO WORK. IT’S NOT MAGIC PEOPLE. STOP PATRONISING YOURSELF FOR IT. RELAX !
7. FITNESS IS CRUCIAL. BEING A CERTAIN SIZE IS NOT WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT HERE. I LEARNED THAT FITNESS MEANS FEELING GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY AND ALSO IT’S A LIFESTYLE ALTERATION AND NOT A 1-2 MONTH STINT.
8. IF YOU ARE NOT GOOD AT SOMETHING, CHOOSING THAT AS YOUR CAREER MIGHT BE THE SHITTIEST MOVE YOU WILL MAKE IN YOUR LIFE. DO WHAT YOU ARE GOOD AT AND WHAT YOU ENJOY DOING. SUCCESS WILL FOLLOW.
9. HAVING FEWER FRIENDS IS ALWAYS BETTER THAN HAVING WRONGDOER FRIENDS. YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.
So seeing that I have acquired all this wisdom this year, I guess it wasn’t such a shitty year. I have come out a lot stronger, wiser, healthier and happier. So all in all cheerio 2014 and welcome 2015, you better be good to me.
WISHING ALL MY READERS A VERY VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR IN ADVANCE, I HOPE 2015 BRINGS ALL OF YOU LOTS OF HAPPINESS 😀
I was born in the month of march which makes me a spring child, but that doesn’t make it my favourite season of the year. My favourite season is hands down – ‘WINTERS’
Along with sharing with you guys what i’m wearing this winter season I thought I’ll add a random little list of things I LOVE LOVE LOVE about winters. So here it goes :- /
STEAMY HOT COCOA
WARM- FUZZY QUILTS
PLENTY CUPS OF COFFEE & TEA
LONG WALKS & WOLLEN SOCKS
CARS WITH BLINKERS
DOGGIES WITH JUMPERS GETTING A BIT PLUMPER
HANDS WITH MITTENS
OVERCOATS & OVERALLS
BONFIRES & CHURCH CHOIRS
WINE UHH SO DIVINE
WARM CAKE AFTER SOME YUMMY STEAK
CUDDLES & HUGS
BOOTS & SUITS
DAYS WITHOUT SUN & MAYBE A LITTLE RUM
CINNAMON STICKS & BAKING MIX
COLD NIGHTS & FAIRY LIGHTS
MUSIC IN THE AIR, A LOVELY CHRISTMAS FAIR
OIL HEATERS & ME BEING AN OVER EATER
WHEN THE MORNINGS ARE HAZY AND I’M OH SO LAZY
What I wore when it was cray cold outside; ( I should have worn boots, my feet froze, dumb move! )
SHOP THE LOOK
I try and list down all the items which I’m able to find online, if I’m unable to find them, then I try to either provide you guys with the location details from I purchased the item or a link to something similar. 🙂
Boyfriend style grey over coat ( I got mine made from a local tailor but found something similar online for you guys)
Like any other girl I drool a little at the sight of anything sparkly and pretty. We can’t help it people, it’s in our DNA. Just like Marilyn Munroe sang in the 1953 film ‘Gentlemen Prefer Blonde’s’ that DIAMONDS ARE A GIRL’S BEST FRIEND, well she pretty much summed it up fella’s. So till the time I can’t afford diamonds I please myself with my fetish for artificial or silver jewellery. My favourite kind of jewellery is antique silver jewellery. I go weak in my knees the moment I see antique rajasthani silver jewellery. Though I also really enjoy wearing trinkets/ fashion/ costume jewellery, but they don’t compare to the love I have for silver jewellery.
Here are some of my current jewellery fav’s. I have been adding these pieces to my outfits a lot lately and I abso-freaking-lutely love ’em !
My skin has been going bonkers this winter. My skin type is basically normal to oily, but ever since this winter has kicked in, I find myself reaching for all things creamy and hydrating through out the day, as if my skin feels thirsty after a few hours and I need to replenish the moisture level of my skin. I think i’m sounding crazy but I really feel that my skin might be going through some sort of a hormonal catastrophe I guess. hehehe!
Basically what I’m trying to get at is that I have had to switch out a few products in my skin care to deal with this dryness situation. Though these days I’m cribbing about how my skin feels dry all the time, I still don’t like products that leave a film of grease or oil on the skin. I like my body oils, creams, moisturisers etc. to be extremely hydrating but not too greasy and slippery. I like quick absorbing formulas way more than those that have a dense formulation.
1. My mom and my sister who unlike me have always had really dry skin switch to a body oil in winters from their regular moisturising lotion and I have never felt the need to do that. My mom recently bought the NUETROGENA BODY OIL- LIGHT SESAME FORMULA. As my regular moisturiser was just not able to help with the dryness I tried to give this a whirl, and guess what- I freaking loved it. It has the most pleasant scent of flowers. What I like about it the most is that it’s a lovely light formula, it gets absorbed into the the skin in a jiffy and it leaves your body smelling of flowers. Now who doesn’t like flowers?? So all in all a great product.
2. The skin on my face is particularly moody and it has a mind of its own. I don’t put a lot on my skin because my skin is hyper sensitive and the moment I switch out my products my skin’s peace goes for a toss. I have been applying the CETAPHIL MOISTURISING CREAM. I even use this on my clients when I do their make up. It’s super mild, fragrance- free, non comedogenic( in simpler language- it doesn’t clog the pores) and is highly moisturising. When my skin goes ‘cray’ this is the first thing I reach out for. If you too suffer from sensitive skin and can’t afford a really expensive/ high end face cream trust me and give this baby a shot. You will thank me!
3. Once I put on my make up for the day I obviously can’t keep putting moisturiser on top of it. So to re hydrate my skin during the day I spritz on some PURE VETIVER WATER BY KAMA AYURVEDA. It lightly hydrates the skin but again doesn’t make the skin appear shiny or greasy. It calms the skin and has the most relaxing scent in the world. I don’t know how to describe it but all I can say is that it sort of smells like a very expensive spa. It contains certain notes of rose and sandalwood, jeez I love it. It’s climbing the charts in my favourites list.
4. For my lips I have been enjoying the KOKUM BUTTER & HONEY LIP BALM BY FOREST ESSENTIALS. It immediately takes care of my dry lips and is not very pasty in texture, which I love. 🙂 It’s good stuff!
5. For my feet I have been using the MOISTURE THERAPY HEEL CREAM BY VASELINE. It pretty much does what a good foot cream should do. I don’t like applying foot creams during the day for the same reason, I don’t like feeling greasy and sticky. I slather lots of it on before going to bed and as I take my beauty sleep it works its magic on my feet. Makes them soft and crack-free.
6. Last but not the least, for my hands I have been using an oldie but a goodie, the JOHNSON’S BABY LOTION BY JOHNSON & JOHNSON. I like its watery consistency. It makes my hands all soft and supple and quickly absorbs into the skin and of course who doesn’t like the classic baby scent of Johnson’s baby products.
This is how I have been dealing with my skin’s winter woes. Hope it will help you in some way deal with yours.