I thought I’d do an #ootd post as my last blog entry for 2014. We delhiites have been experiencing the coldest winter in 11 years and no one is complaining because it has been so lovely and blissful. As the temperature dropped rapidly in the city of Delhi, I realised that I didn’t own a decent pair of black boots. So I began my search for the most perfect-simple-comfortable-flat-black boots. I wanted a pair which would go with everything, were super comfortable to walk in and kept my toes all toasty. P.S – my sister got all all benevolent and cute on me and offered to pay for my boots, so I had to get the best of the bests. I mean when they come for free, they have to be freaking fabulous. hehe 😀
I found the most sexy pair in Zara and they weren’t even too expensive. Zara pricing sometimes can turn out to be like a christmas present. Like secret santa secretly priced the thing you wanted the most within your budget. I love how my boots have two textures, plain in the front and all glossy/ patent from the back. The cherry on the cake is the gold chain detailing. I completely love them and I’m sure I am going to be getting a lot of wear out of them this winter. I kept the rest of the outfit pretty simple, I wore an all black ensemble with a pop of green and carried my brand new black and gold sling purse. ( I totally bought the purse coz I wanted something to go with my boots- guilty ;P
Now talking about the year that has been 2014- I cannot be more glad that it comes to an end today. This year hasn’t exactly been a cake walk for me. Let’s just say it didn’t pan out the way I thought it would. The person I was when this year began, is if not entirely then mostly different from the person that I have become as the year comes to an end. On that note, though it has been a somewhat difficult year, it has been the learning curve of my life. I feel like this year I was under construction, mentally and physically.
As i’m really into making lists these days, so I thought I will round up a quick list of all the things that 2014 taught me :-
1. FAMILY WILL LOVE YOU AND COMFORT YOU EVEN IF YOU MAKE BAD DECISIONS. ( NOT LIKE I DIDN’T KNOW THIS EARLIER, BUT THIS YEAR REITERATED THIS FACT FOR ME)
2. IT’S IMPERATIVE FOR A HEALTHY LIFE TO STAY BUSY.
3. DELETE THE DRAMA FROM YOUR LIFE. IT’S NOT COOL.
4. A REAL RELATIONSHIP IS SUPPOSED TO BRING POSITIVITY, LOVE, COMFORT AND HAPPINESS TO YOUR LIFE AND NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.
5. IF YOU HAVE TO DO SOMETHING, SAYING THAT YOU WANNA DO IT IS NOT GONNA MAKE IT HAPPEN. BUCK UP, MOVE YOUR ASS AND DO IT.
6. IT’S NOT A CRIME TO BE CONFUSED ABOUT SOMETHING- A LOVE INTEREST, YOUR CAREER, YOUR CHOICES ETC. IT’S OKAY, THESE THINGS TAKE TIME TO WORK. IT’S NOT MAGIC PEOPLE. STOP PATRONISING YOURSELF FOR IT. RELAX !
7. FITNESS IS CRUCIAL. BEING A CERTAIN SIZE IS NOT WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT HERE. I LEARNED THAT FITNESS MEANS FEELING GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY AND ALSO IT’S A LIFESTYLE ALTERATION AND NOT A 1-2 MONTH STINT.
8. IF YOU ARE NOT GOOD AT SOMETHING, CHOOSING THAT AS YOUR CAREER MIGHT BE THE SHITTIEST MOVE YOU WILL MAKE IN YOUR LIFE. DO WHAT YOU ARE GOOD AT AND WHAT YOU ENJOY DOING. SUCCESS WILL FOLLOW.
9. HAVING FEWER FRIENDS IS ALWAYS BETTER THAN HAVING WRONGDOER FRIENDS. YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.
So seeing that I have acquired all this wisdom this year, I guess it wasn’t such a shitty year. I have come out a lot stronger, wiser, healthier and happier. So all in all cheerio 2014 and welcome 2015, you better be good to me.
WISHING ALL MY READERS A VERY VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR IN ADVANCE, I HOPE 2015 BRINGS ALL OF YOU LOTS OF HAPPINESS 😀
SHOP THE LOOK
Skinny black jeans – Vero Moda( location details)
Black top – Zara
Black over coat – Marks & Spencer
Green cowl – Hand knitted by my mother ( found something similar for you guys online)
Black and gold sling purse – The Trunk Label
Black and grey half mittens – ( Sarojani Nagar location details)
Black boots – Zara
Gold wrist watch ( Didn’t find the exact same watch online, it’s from an old collection of DKNY. Found something similar for you guys.)
3. Brown and gold sunnies- Aldo Accessories ( location details)
Thanks for reading 🙂